Here is a simple guide teaching you how to play WOW Fire Mage in Shadowlands Pre-Patch. Below you will learn the "new" abilities and AoE Target caps for Fire Mage.
WOW Fire Mage new abilities in Shadowlands Pre-Patch
Fire Mage is one of a handful of ranged caster specializations. And during Shadowlands Pre-Patch, there will be four "new" abilities for Fire Mage, such as:
1. Arcane Explosion: added to the Fire toolkit as a solution to the lack of burst AoE against low health enemies.
2. Mirror Image: added back as a utility cooldown, which causes decreased damage and threat mitigation.
3. Phoenix Flames: It is baseline and used to spread Mastery: Ignite.
4. Alter Time: returning as a utility cooldown to restore health and position.
AoE Target caps for WOW Fire Mage in Shadowlands Pre-Patch
Shadowlands has three Target caps, including Soft-Cap, Hard-Cap and Square Root Scaling. As for WOW Fire Mage, Ignite is capped at 8 targets while being spread by Phoenix Flames. But like other spells, such as Dragon's Breath, Flamestrike and Phoenix Flames, they will remain with caps similar to before pre-patch, and will not really affect Fire Mage. The detailed Target Caps for Fire Mage are introduced below:
- Dragon's Breath: Soft-Cap 20
- Flamestrike: Soft-Cap 20
- Ignite: 8
- Phoenix Flames: sqrt
All in all, learn the guide to play WOW Fire Mage in Shadowlands Pre-Patch well. Furthermore, you can always buy cheap WOW gold from us with fast service and delivery.
The WOWClassicGP Team